Mead Middle School Mission:
The Mead Middle School community is focused on preparing our students for the future. Students are empowered to be happy, balanced, motivated life-long learners.
Success Lasts A Lifetime
- To increase student achievement in reading, writing and math.
- To have 100% of students participate in extra curricular activities
Our school is a standards-based school. Standards-based education is not a new fad, nor is it a reconstruction of past attempts at educational reform. Standards-based education is a system for teaching and learning that focuses on students becoming proficient in clear, measurable standards. For students and teachers in the day to day teaching-learning process, standards-based education means teaching and learning with the “end in mind”.
Enrollment and Class Size
Student Enrollment: 493
Approximate class size: 32
Mead Middle School has been recognized by the state for multiple awards over the past three years.
The Governor’s Distinguished Improvement Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014)
- This award goes to a select number of schools that show high growth as measured by the Colorado Growth Model.
- In 2011 Mead Middle School was recognized as having the 2nd highest student growth of any public or charter school in the state.
The John Irwin School of Excellence Award (2011)
- This award is given to a select number of schools that show levels of high achievement as measured by CSAP / TCAP
Colorado Trailblazer ‘School to Watch’
- National program which identifies high-performing middle schools.